Youth City Council 2019-2020
MAYOR PRO TEMPORE
Annual Youth City Council (YCC) Events:
- October 1, 2019 (7:00 pm): City Council Meeting to be sworn in
- January 2020: Meet the Legislatures Day/State Capitol
- March 2020: YCC Leadership Conference at Utah State University (depending on availability)
- April 2020 10:00 am: Fruit Heights Easter Egg Hunt @Harvey Park
- July 4, 2020: Parade
- August 1, 2020: Founders Day Celebration
Requirements to Serve:
- Come with a positive attitude. There will be no names, negative attitudes, or cutting down of other youth council members. Members of the YCC must conduct themselves in a positive, respectable, friendly, and law abiding manner at all times. Members of the YCC need to set a proper example to the community at all times.
- Actively participate in all meetings and activities. During meeting times and other activities, cell phones will be required to be on silent and kept away, unless needed for scheduling and notes.
- Be on time, meetings are held as needed on the 1st Mondays of the month at 6:00 pm in the council chambers of City Hall and will be approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour long. There will be times when we will not need to meet or the Monday is a holiday, we will then meet the following Monday on the 2nd week. Also, special meetings may be called by the youth mayor or advisers as needed.
- Must be a resident of Fruit Heights during the time in office.
- Must be at least in ninth (9th) grade and not yet graduated from High School during the term of office.
- Must be at least eleventh (11th) grade to serve as Mayor of the Youth City Council.
- Attend at least 75% of all FHYCC meetings.
- Attend at least one Fruit Heights City Council meeting and be willing to report to the City Council as needed.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA with satisfactory citizenship grades (No "U" grades).
- Must fulfill the responsibilities of the office and be a proper example to the youth of Fruit Heights City.
- Wear your Youth City Council shirts to activities and service projects.
Youth City Council Advisers:
Paula and Chuck Stephenson:
City Council Liaison:
The Fruit Heights Youth City Council (FHYCC) has started a new session for the fall of 2019!
Youth interested in participating with the FHYCC for the 2020-2021 session are encouraged to submit the following forms during the summer months, before August 31, 2020. Interviews take place in September. All students in grades 9 thru 12 are invited to apply.