Smart Sprinkler Program
Recently, the Utah Legislature discussed bills attempting to mandate meters on secondary water connections. We, as a city, feel there is a better way to conserve water rather than mandating meters. This pilot program (first of its kind) will help us explore better options.
Fruit Heights has entered a partnership with local manufacturer Hydro-Rain (Orbit Irrigation) and Weber Basin Water District to secure smart watering systems for our residents at a fraction of the retail cost.
A smart sprinkler controller connects with local weather stations to optimize your irrigation system by auto-adjusting to weather and soil conditions, making a healthy landscape while decreasing water use.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
We have 300 controllers now available on a first come, first served basis.
To participate, residents must do the following:
COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION (Online payment of $20.00 required upon submission of application)
• ATTEND a 45-minute presentation about the pilot program (Mon. Aug. 3rd OR Wed. Aug. 5th 5:30 pm at Fruit Heights City Hall)
• AGREE to perform a water audit on your lawn
• ALLOW Weber Basin to collect data from your device
• PURCHASE a new controller from the city for $20 (retail cost is $178)
• WATCH informational videos before attending the smart water presentation in person
Smart Watering 101 (5:22)
Load the App on your phone (2:30)
Unboxing the smart timer (2:39)
Installing the smart timer (4:29)
Connecting timer to wifi (1:33)
How to do a water audit of your yard (2:37)
Selecting a weather station (0:57)
Making adjustments for weather (1:04)
Catch Cup Instruction Manual